A note from co-founders Brenton O'Hara and Kate McKinney: This summer, Project Opera Camp is proud to partner with FBN Productions, Inc. Opera for Kids, an organization which has been bringing opera to young people throughout the southeast for over twenty years. Project Opera Camp’s Summer Program (July 20th – July 31st, 2015) provided underserved students in South Carolina with a tuition-free opportunity to learn and perform an opera, all while learning essential life skills, character development, leadership, financial literacy, and college readiness. FBN’s support is invaluable to us in this endeavor, and we are deeply thankful to FBN and general director Ellen Douglas Schlaefer for enriching our campers’ experience this summer. Many thanks, FBN! We couldn’t have done this without you.
Project Opera Camp's summer music program 2015 was ...
- a two-week long summer day camp for high school students
- with daily voice lessons, acting lessons, music rehearsals, staging rehearsals, and improvisation
- and daily personal enrichment activities, including team building, leadership seminars, life skills education, financial literacy labs, drug abuse resistance seminars, movement classes, and more
- all while preparing students to perform an opera for their friends and family, as well as the general public
- and, as if it couldn't get any better, every accepted participant received a full scholarship to attend POC's summer music program 2015